About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
I'm Kelly from Pittsburgh, PA. My Etsy shop, simplicity by kmdouglass, features handmade paper products with a few others in the mix.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Bettyconfidential.com

This website Help A Reporter Out (HARO) is awesome!  You sign up for it and each day they send you 3 or 4 email with links to all different things that reporters and writers are needing help on.  The other day I think I responded to like 10 of them.  One which was about the image that women give off when dressing trashy for Halloween.  I responded and the writer and I exchange quite a few messages on the topic.  I also did on on alternatives for Halloween.  I got to use my elementary education background and share a ton of educational ideas that could be done.  I also did one about decorating for Halloween other then orange and black and ideas for women's costumes.  I talked about decorating for fall instead with all the beautiful colors or using vintage inspired items to give a spooky feel.  As far as costumes I mention using fancy masks or dressing for a different era.  I'm a fan of the 80's.  I included lots of links from awesome Etsy sellers!  One that I responded to was in regards to an article already written.  It was about men afraid to ask women on out the normal dates.  I shared my opinion and some of my quotes are featured!  Check out pages 2 and 3 for my quotes.
http://www.bettyconfidential.com/ar/ld/a/hey-guys-women-love-creative-first-dates.html

No comments:

Post a Comment